Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Knitting as Meditation

To me, knitting is rhythmic. It is like a heartbeat. Knit, Purl, Knit, Purl, Knit...
I don't want to think too much while I am knitting.

Though I have been knitting as a hobby for many many years, I don't choose difficult patterns or advanced fairisle designs. I enjoy making scarves and cowls-- anything rectangular where I don't have to think while I knit. I just recently knit a giant queen size blanket made of long strips. It's gorgeous. I was completely relaxed as I knit it.

But every time I begin a new project, I wish I had something new to knit. But because I just want to get some stitches on my needles and go, I end up knitting another baby blanket. Another cowl scarf. Another dish cloth.

So I am putting together a series of knitting patterns using only squares and rectangles but with new and modern results.

The results of our knitting can be just as rewarding as the process. I promise.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Knitting Rectangles Pt 2: Classic Pom Pom Baby Blanket

And now for the 2nd posting of our Knitting Rectangles series! The Classic Pom Pom Baby Blanket! This adorable baby blanket looks ...